The Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation is inviting nominations for the Jamnalal Bajaj Awards 2012.
Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation set up in 1977 and chaired by Mr. Rahul Bajaj has instituted four Awards which are given annually. The objective of these Awards is to recognize and suitably reward and honour the efforts of men and women who have dedicated their life to constructive Gandhian work and ideals which Shri Jamnalal Bajaj, a close associate of Gandhiji, had cherished all his life.
· There are three National Awards and one International viz.
- National: Outstanding Contribution in the field of Constructive Work in Rural India.
- National: Application of Science and Technology for Rural Development.
- National: Development and Welfare of Women and Children (instituted in the memory of Padma Vibhushan Smt. Jankidevi Bajaj, wife of Shri Jamnalal Bajaj)
- International: International Award for Promoting Gandhian Values Outside India (presented to an individual holding a foreign passport and nationality).
· Nominations to be furnished in the required format in English or Hindi. Formats can be obtained from the Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation.
· Self nominations will not be considered.
· Last dates for sending nominations are 15th February, 2012 for National Awards and 31st March, 2012 for the International Award.