GuideStar India is happy to announce that many organisations and individuals are coming forward to pool in their NGO database / address books or simply their collection of visiting cards! Some are writing to their partners outlining benefits of being featured on GuideStar India. The list is growing fast...
We would like take a moment to thank them and share the good news with all of you.
- Ms Elizabeth Kurian, Regional Director - India Region of Sightsavers International wrote to their 94 partners. Information has started coming in from the partners.
- Anshu Gupta, Founder Director of Goonj has shared their list of 161 partners. His team will also be collecting visiting cards from NGOs that attend their workshops and Gramsabhas.
- Prof Neerja Mattoo, Chairperson-DOCC Center, SPJIMR shared their database of NGOs and their MBA students would be training NGOs, they intern with during summer, to profile and manage content on GuideStar India.
- Mr Harinesh Pandya, Secretary, Janpath will be inviting their 150+ members to get profiled on GuideStar India. They will showcase members profiles on GuideStar India at their AGM in Sep 2009.
- Dr Bhushan Punani, Executive Director of Blind People's Association handed over a bagful of visiting cards so that we can invite them to participate on GuideStar India. He also put us in touch with a number of organisations we could partner with. Thank you, Nandiniben for giving us your mailing list on a memory stick in less than 5 minutes!
- Mr Vijay Nadkarni, Deputy Director-Credibility Alliance, gave us 2 large cartons of documents of 42 NGOs accredited by them. We have already digitised them. He will be writing to their members shortly.
- Mr Ujwal Thakkar, CEO, GiveIndia and Ms Gopi Venkatraman, Head of Listing at GiveIndia for providing "ready to upload" data of 200+ GiveIndia listed NGOs.
- Ms Abha Thorat, Director, the British Asian Trust for enaging us to profile their India grantees and introducing us to a large number of people.
This thank you note would be incomplete without acknowledging the efforts of the wonderful people in these organisations: Mariamma of Sightsavers International, Reena of Goonj, Pragya of SPJIMR, Vijay Jani, Praveen & Kuldeep of Credibility Alliance and Swati at GiveIndia.