As we set out to connect many more people with NGOs of their choice during 2011, we thank all those who made 2010 so very special for us:
• 716 NGOs who chose to be featured on www.guidestarindia.org for voluntarily sharing their information with over 5000 documents in public domain
• 948 participants from 607 NGOs who registered through us and took advantage of NASSCOM Foundation’s free IT training workshops
• 74 NGOs from across India who participated for the first time in online fundraising by registering through us for GiveIndia’s India Giving Challenge 2010
• 32 NGOs that underwent due diligence for Style for Smiles and Speak for Smiles to receive their donations through Toofles Foundation
• 344 NGOs that attended the several workshops of GiveIndia, GlobalGiving and Credibility Alliance for which we did the outreach
• 85 NGOs that signed up NASSCOM Foundation’s BiGTech programme
• The British Asian Trust for making us their due diligence partner when we had just started
• NASSCOM Foundation for making us their Outreach Partner for their ConnectIT workshops
• Credibility Alliance for partnering with us to manage their Membership registration
• GiveIndia for making us their Outreach & Registration Partner for India Giving Challenge 2010
• Resource Alliance for partnering with us to be a part of screening India NGO Award 2010 applicants
• The National Trust, Packard Foundation, Ammada Trust, Goonj, Janpath and Maharashtra State Women’s Council for giving us the opportunity to address their partners
• SP Jain Institute of Management Research for inviting us to address students of their fundraising course
• Tata Tea Jaago Re! And AmeriCares India for using our services to reach out to NGOs
• The Center for Civil Society Studies, Johns Hopkins University for their inputs and guidance with using the International Classification for Nonprofit Organizations
• The American Center, Mumbai and Harmony for Silvers Foundation for providing us their auditorium for workshops
• Blind People’s Association, Goonj, Sightsavers India and STAPI for sharing their database
• Propoor.org, NGO Post, Alliance Magazine and the GiveIndia NGO newsletter for spreading our message far and wide
• GiveIndia and Credibility Alliance for facilitating automatic registration of their partners with us and for working towards smooth navigation for users
• STAPI for providing institutional support
• Centre for Advancement of Philanthropy for advice on a range of issues within hours
• The government departments that welcomed our inputs and also readily offered advice
• Individual donors and foundations who supported our efforts
• Visitors of our site, our followers on Twitter, Facebook friends and subscribers of our blog
• People who reported stories of NGOs they found through GuideStar India and the contributions made
• GuideStar International for support and encouragement in so many different ways
• Our Board Members, Advisors, auditors, volunteers, interns and team members during the year
While we have thanked the numerous organisations that made 2010 special for us, it is wonderful people in these organisations who made the journey so rewarding!
We look forward to another exciting year with your support!
A very happy New Year!
The official GuideStar India blog
Welcome, NGOs and all those interested in NGOs in India!If you are running an NGO or working for one, you will find opportunities and resources for your organisation.
If you or your organisation want to direct your time, money, products or services to NGOs that can can make the most effective and efficient use of your donations or grants, you will find this blog and http://www.guidestarindia.org/ useful to announce your offer to NGOs.
You will also get to read about statistics and issues concerning transparency & accountability of the Indian voluntary sector.